Skip the skillet and make this healthy baked chicken parmesan dinner with marinara and melty cheese on a sheet pan instead.
Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe
It’s pretty much 100% obvious that most of you will agree, but I think crispy cutlets of Parmesan-coated chicken are one of the tastiest types of chicken you can eat. I mean, I have more than just one parm-coated chicken recipe here on the blog with different techniques,hereandhere,that says so. And unlike my recipe forhomemade chicken Parmesan,that calls for pan-frying in a skillet and then baking, this one is even easier to make.
- This baked chicken parmesan is pretty much hands-off cooking. We use thinly cut, boneless chicken breasts that cook fast but stay moist when baked on a sheet pan at high heat in the oven.
- We skip the typical flour/egg/breadcrumb dredge and instead use a slather of mayonnaise (or butter) for the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese mixture to stick to.
Let the dinner bells ring!
What’s In Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Parmesan isn’t authentically Sicilian, or even red-blooded-Italian. You can thank the U.S. for this Italian-American chicken and marinara mash-up. It’s an incredibly simple meal to prepare, with just a handful of basic ingredients.
- Seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Marinara sauce—trymy easy homemade marinara recipe或者是一个很好的商店买的品种
- Cooked pasta such as spaghetti, angel hair, or fettuccine
How to Make Easy Chicken Parmesan
- 使用无骨，无皮鸡胸肉. Chicken breasts cook quicker and more evenly when sliced in half lengthwise, then pounded with a meat tenderizer to the same thickness. Aim for 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Mayonnaise replaces the flour and egg dredge.Mayonnaise is the shortcut that replaces the typical flour and egg dredge before dipping the chicken into breadcrumbs. It also adds fat to the lean chicken breasts, creating a more juicy, tender bite. If mayo isn’t your thing, brush with melted butter before flouring.
- Season the breadcrumbs.Use Italian flavored bread crumbs that are already seasoned, with extra garlic powder and kosher salt, plus paprika for an extra sheen of color as the chicken bakes.
- 在400°F烘烤鸡肉巴马干酪。Cooking chicken at a higher temperature locks in the juices and won’t dry out the meat. Bake the chicken breasts directly on a rimmed baking sheet (not lined with foil) for extra crispness on both sides.
- In the final minutes of cooking, top with marinara and grated melty white cheese.
Tips for Baked Chicken Parmesan
Use seasoned Italian bread crumbs instead of panko.您可以考虑使用日本潘库面包屑而不是在这个食谱中使用常规面包屑。我们的味道都是测试的，我的家人喜欢好老意大利调味面包面包屑。使用磨碎的奶酪更好地混合碎奶酪，因为面包屑小于Panko，均匀地覆盖鸡肉以额外的脆脆嘎吱作响。
跳过罐头奶酪并使用新鲜的帕尔马干酪。Freshly grated Parm is the only way to go no matter what you’re cooking. Use finely grated Parmesan from the deli department, instead of shredded. If grating your own, be sure it’s extra fine so it melds in with the bread crumbs, making the exterior crisp and not soggy.
You already know that a quality, store-bought marinara sauce will save time, but making tomato sauce from scratch takes hardly any extra effort than it does making that trip to the store.
最后的行为：Marinara和Melty White Cheese
Add the toppings with mere minutes to go.So that the chicken breasts stay crisp and don’t turn soggy, wait until the last few minutes of baking to spoon warmed marinara on the chicken and top with cheese. Cook just until the cheese melts.
Mozzarella isn’t your only cheesy choice.当然，在融合白奶酪的情况下，每个人都会自动认为“它必须是无动的”，但如果你问我，普罗安是最好的融合奶酪拉奶酪。洒额外的帕尔马干酪和碎罗勒或欧芹结束了盘子。
- Long, twirlable pasta is the classic side. Try spaghetti, angel hair, or fettuccine.
- Arugula Salad With Shaved Parmesan Three Ways
- Easy Broccoli with Feta Cheese
- Garlicky Swiss Chard and Chickpeas
- Sweet Carrots with Tarragon
- Easy 5-Minute Parmesan Zucchini
如果你是mak.e this recipe, please let me know! Leave arating on this recipe below and leave a comment, take a photo andtag me on Instagram与#foodbetway真人iecrusheats。
Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 1cupseasoned Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2cupgrated Parmesan cheese
- 1teaspoongarlic powder
- 1/2teaspoonkosher salt
- 1/2teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper
- 2cupsshredded mozzarella or provolone cheese
Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large shallow bowl or on a large plate, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika. Set aside.
Use a thin, sharp knife to slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise to create two thin fillets. Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap on a cutting board, and gently pound to about 3/8-inch with a meat tenderizer.
• Instead of garlic powder, use 1 clove of fresh garlic that's been pressed or very finely minced instead.
• Instead of Italian seasoned bread crumbs, use regular bread crumbs with 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning added to it.
• Instead of mayonnaise, use 4 tablespoons melted butter.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Fajita Foil Packet Dinners
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- Potato Chip Crusted Chicken Breasts Recipe
We send good emails.订阅to FoodieCrushand have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There may be affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.